Foreign rights sold: Éditions de Grenelle (France)
The definitive and complete work on the great Federico Fellini and his unique cinema.
To celebrate the one-hundredth birthday anniversary of Federico Fellini (2020), Gremese has released what can be considered the definitive complete work on the great Fellini and his cinema. Edited by Enrico Giacovelli with an introduction by Michel Ciment (editor-in-chief of the prestigious French film magazine Positif) this “CinEncyclopedia” has called upon 20 scholars, one for each “whole” film by Fellini, in addition to about ten specialized contributors. To further enhance the encyclopedic value of this monumental reference, there are dozens and dozens of “editorial” inserts between these texts that are based upon pre-existing articles, books and documentaries too. Finally, a valuable appendix contains further material ranging from a collection of quotes by and on Fellini, an anthology of the best lines and dialogues from his beloved films, and even rare and original unpublished papers (such as letters, interviews, and testimonies).
– To be consulted as a reference book or read like a story, with hundreds of stills grouped by suggested themes.
– Countless texts and contributions from famous and authoritative authors and journalists, personal testimonies from friends of Fellini and people who worked with the director.
– More than 300 entries from A to Z. A thorough overview of each film that offers not only cast and credits and all basic info, but also an anthology of reviews and studies by famous critics and figures from the world of culture.
– Many other fascinating sections supplement this reference, for example, those devoted to the Maestro’s favorite actors and crew, as well as transversal themes (from his larger-than-life women to the circus, to esoterism…) that were all elements of the Fellinian universe.
– The second part of this book proposes a series of special sections with quotes by and on Fellini, best lines from his films, musical references and an essential biography.
Foreign rights manager: Alberto Gremese: email@example.com
Curated by E. Giacovelli. Preface: M. Ciment. Authors: G. Angelucci, C. Bartolini, E. Bìspuri, C. Centorrino, P. Ceratto, R. Chiesi, M. Ciment, R. Copioli, M. Costanzo, A. Crespi, O. De Fornari, L. De Giusti, S. Della Casa, D. Delouche, P. Di Paolo, E. Enria, I. Feole, G. Frasca, D. Gabutti, E Giacovelli, J.A. Gili, P. Lajus, S. Liberski, N. Lodato, C. Masoch, J.-M. Méjean, G. Morin, A. Norcia, J.-F. Pioud-Bert, R. Prédal, M. Rossi, P. Saffar, S. Schoonejans, M. Seregni, F. Serra, P. Silvestrini, P. Spila, C. Taricano.